Do you need help with separation anxiety training for your dog?
If your dog suffers from separation anxiety, you're suffering too.
We can help.
Leave your dog home alone without a worry.
Enjoy the freedom of being able to do things when you want.
WHO should do separation anxiety training?
If you can't leave your home without:
- Your dog panting, pacing or clinging to you as you get ready to leave
- Complaints from neighbours about barking and howling
- Coming home to pools of drool, destroyed furnishings, chewed up walls, doors
- Housetraining accidents
- Your stressed and panicked dog greeting you at the door
- Feeling guilty for having to leave your dog
- Feeling angry or resentful because you can't do things with friends
- Planning for pet sitters or daycare for your dog
WHAT is a separation anxiety training program about?
Separation anxiety is a severe panic disorder that impacts the entire household—but relief is possible.
Long believed to be untreatable, the last decade has seen tremendous strides in treating separation anxiety. Most dogs suffering from separation anxiety can learn to stay home alone without stress.
- Gradual desensitization to absences
- We work at your dog's pace, only going as fast as your dog can handle
- Daily 30-minute exercises (to begin with) done 5 days per week
- Weekly check-in sessions with Sharon to review progress and answer questions
- Daily coaching
WHEN is the best time to start a separation anxiety training program?
Separation anxiety training works one-on-one with you.
This program starts whenever you are ready.
Your journey begins when you reach out:
WHERE do I need to go to do the training?
The ultimate in flexible training, separation anxiety behaviour modification requires no special equipment, tools or scheduling.
This program is delivered virtually, in your home.
- Exercises are customized and provided daily based on the previous day's results
- You get a full choice in when you do the exercises ie what time of day and what day of the week, aiming to do 5 exercises each week
- You meet with Sharon once a week via Zoom at a time that you have scheduled with a link she provides you
- You are provided with daily coaching 6-days a week
- If you are not sure about something you can upload a video for review in between the face-to-face sessions
WHY should you do separation anxiety training for your dog?
Get relief for you and your dog - no more guilt, worry or frustration.
You deserve Separation without the Anxiety
Separation Anxiety Initial Assessment
All new clients start with the initial assessment.
- 60-minute consultation
- Review of your dog's history and your training goals.
- Real-time assessment
- An overview of the behaviour modification program
- Recording of the session.
- Resources and handouts that apply to your situation.
- Frequently asked questions
Assessment value: $175.00 including tax
Ready to help your hound learn to hang out by herself?
We'd love to relieve you and your dog from the burden of separation anxiety.
Meet Your Trainer: Sharon Labossiere, PCBC-A, CSAT, Cert.SAPT, KPA-CTP, ADT (IAABC), CPDT-KA, CTDI
Few conditions are as challenging as separation anxiety. Dogs with this condition panic through every moment they're left alone. Owners of SA dogs suffer deep guilt and worry about their dogs and the stress of a destroyed house and angry neighbours. For these reasons, few cases are as satisfying as a closed separation anxiety case. I'd love to help you and your dog overcome this awful, life-disrupting disorder.
Before making a four-week program commitment, you'll want to ensure I'm the right trainer for you. You can read about my professional credentials, experience, and training approach here if you haven't already.
Hanging With Hounds is based near Victoria BC, but we can help dogs anywhere in Canada, the US, including Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, St. John's, Seattle WA, Portland OR and other centres across Canada and the Western US.